Saturday, June 28, 2008

Aaaaahhhhh the Spa!

So I finally got to put my mother's day gift to use. Larry and the kids got me a gift certificate to a day spa in downtown McKinney called Essence of Eve. I love this place! It is nice without being pretentious and it is Christian based not "new age" like. It has that quaint old downtown look and feel. It is just awesome. Did I mention that I love this place?

I met my mother-in-law there yesterday. She was the one who introduced me to E of E with a generous gift certificate Christmas before last and another one last Christmas too. Now, before you start thinking I am some kind of spoiled lush, let me point out these are the only times I've been but would gladly go more frequently if possible!

I started with an hour massage, followed by a half hour rose petal bubble bath soak in a clawfoot tub with a glass of champaign and a couple of chocolates, and ended with a pedicure (which I haven't indulged in since I was pregnant with my now 7 yr old son).

All I have to say is, "Thanks Larry, you done good honey!!!" and aaaaaahhhhhh, I love the spa!

2 comments:

circus of love said...

Now that's some rest and relaxation. Go Girl!!!

MommaJen said...

sounds wonderful - that's awesome!