Sunday, February 14, 2010

There Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens . . .


I have officially lost my mind. I am the expectant mother to 5 Silkie Bantam chicks! I think I am more excited than the kids. All of those years that mom and dad wouldn't let me have all the different animals I wanted, I am making up for lost time. With 2 dogs, 3 hamsters, and 5 chicks I just wonder what will be next. Rabbits? Goats? I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I probably shouldn't say anything since we have a pretty strict HOA. Currently there are no rules or regulations against having these animals but I have little doubt that as soon as someone catches wind of the critters on the Baum's Suburban Farm they will be all over creating new rules about them just because they can. Don't you just love those personality types? You know the ones that like to create rules for the sake of creating them and enforcing them just because they can, but when it comes down to it, they are not subject to follow the same rules. Yeah, that is our HOA. Oh well, what can I say, this city girl has always had dreams of the country and the reality is I probably won't get there, so I am doing what any determined woman would do and I am bringing the country to the city and lovin' it!

0 comments: